Friday, March 13, 2009

An added bonus to my trip


While out pasteling with my group on Tuesday, I met two nice ladies walking by. They started asking me about the group and then about me and my art. I explained I was primarily a colored pencilist and one lady was delighted and told me all about a local juried colored pencil exhibit. It turns out this exhibit is sponsored and put together by the Phoenix Chapter of CPSA. A little more investigation and I found that the exhibit was only about 1/2 mile away from our hotel. So we just had to go to the opening! Its a wonderful exhibition space in a beautiful park and the art itself is so inspiring!

2 comments:

Debbi said...

That's such a funny coincidence! Is their show posted on a website or anything for us to check out? I hope you're having a great time in Tuscon.

Kendra said...

I'll see if I can find anything about the show on the internet. Yes, having a great time in Tucson. Weather is perfect and learning quite a bit about pastel and drawing from life.