Tuesday, August 4, 2009

6x24" Shells

Continuing on with my shell piece has been slow. Summer is always filled with other things to do and I've been away from my colored pencils for too long. This afternoon I was able to sit down for a few hours and work more on this piece. I feel that it is more like a puzzle than art. I keep moving around and changing colors as I go. I'm working more on the brown colors in the shells and seaweed now. There is so much color when I look at what is just ordinary debris on the beach. Its fun picking out the purples, blues, greens, browns and even some pinks.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Kendra, this is coming along nicely. I know what you mean about it feeling like you are doing a puzzle. When I get like that when working on a piece I have to set it aside and come back to it with a fresh artists' eye!

Kendra said...

I've been doing the same, coming back to it with a fresh view. My eyes are crossed after a few hours of working!