Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Candies

This is just a little drawing that I had fun with. The candies were subject matter for two of my colored pencil classes. The paper is Fabriano Tiziano, the color is felt gray. The paper has a bit of a lined texture and is a nice surface to work on. My scanner added some red/purple to the gray of the paper so its not exactly correct. I started this drawing by laying in all the white highlights of the cellophane wrappers. Next I worked on the darkest areas of the cellophane in Periwinkle. The candies came next. The whites of the candies couldn't be white because then the highlights on the cellophane wouldn't show so I used Cream and Cloud Blue. The colored swirls are different shades of the local colors. This was fun, this could be a series.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

No comments: