Sunday, March 20, 2011

A Little Progress on the Bowl of Cherries and My Life

I've started working on the cherries which are going to be my focal point so I really want them to stand out. I decided in order to do so, I will use the solvent with the colored pencil so I can achieve rich, intense color. The two cherries I began with are a bit too intense at the moment so I will attempt to tone them down and blend the edges into the background with dry colored pencil.

Progress on this piece is slow. Life with my father is challenging and I'm getting worn out, in fact I'm home with a cold today while my husband spends the rest of the day with my dad. My husband has been wonderful about filling in for me when I am exhausted. However, things are looking up because I have found someone to spend nights with my dad so I can at least go home to my own bed. This week, my project is to start setting up assistance for my dad during the days. Just in time because I'm teaching a colored pencil workshop for Monadnock Area Artist Association in New Hampshire next Saturday and have to start preparing this week.

I want to say thank you to everyone who has emailed, called or visited and offered their support! I am grateful to have so many kind friends in my life!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Kendra, I am so sorry to hear about your struggles. You and your Dad are in my thoughts and prayers. Glad to hear you are getting some relief with others helping. 24 hour care can really work it's toll on a person. My Mom needed it toward the end, too. Glad to know your cp art is therapeutic - this piece, as all your work, is going to be gorgeous!

Anne Winthrop Cordin said...

Beautiful work Kendra,my prayers are with you. Life is so unexpected sometimes, with no guidebook! Sharing and the support it brings is what gets us through.xo