Wednesday, June 6, 2012

"Uplifted" 16x24" in colored pencil. I was inspired to draw from a photo I took in the medieval town on Koszeg, Hungary. It is a statue of an angel against the blue and gold wall of St James church built in 1403. I liked the textured peeling paint against the softness and intricate design on the statue. I chose to work on UArt 800 sanded paper in order to get good color coverage and some texture in the piece. I burnished background areas with a brush where I needed it to be smooth.

3 comments:

Lynda Schumacher said...

Lovely, Kendra.....love the subtle way you incorporated the background colors into the statue.

libbygilpatric.blogger.com said...

Beautiful, Kendra. Perfect combination of color, subject, sinsitivity.

Anne Winthrop Cordin said...

So lovely Kendra. Colors are gorgeous.