Monday, January 26, 2009

Finished piece

Here is my finished piece. I added much more color into the water at the bottom to draw the eye up to the wave. My studio partner, Judy, suggested I really look at a book of wave paintings she has because she thought the large cresting wave at the top was too dark. So I read about the functioning of waves and realized that she was right. The sun will shine through the top of the wave making it lighter and more transparent.

This piece is currently at the Member Exhibit at the Providence Art Club. 

3 comments:

hbedrosian said...

Kendra,
It's evident that you put a lot of thought into this piece. The final result is brilliant!

Debbi said...

I love this piece Kendra. What a fun series you could do with this subject matter. The seasons would have such different effect on the water and sky.

Kathy said...

Beautiful finish to this piece. I agree with Debbi. You've got a wonderful water series going here. Also a good example of what references and researching your subject matter's characteristics can do for the success of a piece of art.