Thursday, November 14, 2019

November Book Sculpture


My husband recently had a knee replacement surgery so that meant I was also homebound and had to be attentive for more than a week. I had a difficult time focusing on drawing with colored pencil so I decided to create a few book sculptures with my available time instead.

I had seen a picture on the internet of a similar turkey book sculpture and decided to try my own in honor of upcomingThanksgiving. I took a small book I had purchased somewhere and began folding all of the pages in triangles. Afterward I added tail feathers, long semi-circles folded in half and glued between the folded pages. the head were two book pages folded together and cut into a head and neck shape. I colored only the eye and 'gobble'.

I was invited to a ladies' night party and I presented the hostess with this book sculpture as a gift. She really loved it and is going to put it on her table for her Thanksgiving dinner. On a side note - my friend and hostess' husband is experimenting with cutting books for me with his power tools. This will open up a whole new creative process, I am thinking up ideas for cut book sculptures! So much fun in between my drawing projects.

No comments: