Tuesday, May 17, 2022

High School Guest Artist

In April I had the opportunity to work with high school students and art teachers at Silver Lakes Regional High School in Kingston, Massachusetts. I was brought on a grant as a guest artist to work with students on colored pencil drawing. Students in this high school have a great art department with lots of opportunities to work in many different mediums but didn't have much exposure to colored pencil drawing.

On day #1 I gave a presentation and colored pencil drawing demonstration over the course of the day to all of the art students. 

Days #2 & #3 I was able to work with each art class creating a small drawing. The assignment was to bring in a photo of a favorite place or subject and create a small drawing that would later be presented as a Polaroid picture and all grouped together. 

I enjoyed this opportunity of working with students and seeing their creativity expressed in their drawings. 











 

No comments: