Thursday, May 29, 2008

Working on Rtistx Board




Rtistx company sent me a few of their different boards to experiment with so I pulled one from the pile and started a colored pencil piece. Its actually the RTX280 board for pastel but is accepting the pencil very well. I usually don't use black colored pencil, but I decided to begin with a black underpainting by varying the pressure of the strokes to create different shades of black values. I'm working the cherries from dark to light and using a variety of different brands of colored pencils including a small set of Caran d'Arche Luminance 6901 that I picked up in Italy. I am selecting colors and brands according to colorfastness and all of the different pencils are working just fine. This board can hold a quite a few layers.

No comments: