Saturday, October 18, 2008

Tarts

This is a small 6x8" piece I'm working on for a holiday small picture show. My reference photo is from a bakery in Italy with the most delectable little pastries that caught my attention in more ways than one. I'm experimenting with a different surface which I prepared myself. I started with a gessoboard, then mixed white Colourfix liquid primer with red & yellow acrylic paint and rolled it on the gessoboard. To that I added pumice powder to add more grit to the surface texture. The result is a hot pink background that is taking the pencil very quickly. I've done this much of the drawing in only a few hours today.

2 comments:

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

Kendra, I didn't know you have a blog- I love it! I'll be visiting often.

Kendra said...

Kelley, thanks! Notice you're on my link list!