Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Portsmouth Arts Guild Classes


On Saturday I attended Portsmouth Arts Guild "Art-O-Rama" held at the Portsmouth Library in which all the instructors of the upcoming classes set up a little demo so that people could see their work in progress and (hopefully) sign up for classes. All of the instructors have artwork hanging in the library gallery during the month of February. In the picture, you can't see the still life that I am working from so I've included my drawing in progress in this blog entry. Its a little still life of three pears and two hot peppers on green Canson Mi Tientes paper. I'm working on the background right now which looks a little bluer in the scanned image. I started with Indigo and Black Grape Prismacolor pencils and solvent. Now I'm adding Henna, Tuscan Red and Chestnut (began on the left) to give the background a warm tone. I like the green paper showing through the fruit.

Portsmouth Arts Guild is offering many great art classes and workshops in many mediums and they are all reasonably priced. Check out the Spring Class list on their website - www.portsmouthartsguild.org - and if you are local and interested in art, sign up for one!

No comments: