Sunday, July 11, 2010

Tulip blossoms are added

This weekend and over the next week, I am enjoying some free time in which I've been devoting completely to art. My husband is in Scotland and even though my son is here, the house is quiet, and I can live and breathe colored pencil. I just don't have to think about much else for the next week, which is really nice and sometimes I just need to immerse myself in art. When life gets in the way and I am not able to draw or paint, I start to get very irritable! I imagine that most artists might also feel this way because we have the need to nourish our creative spirits.

Today I've been working on the tulip flowers in this piece and have completed them. I started drawing in the reflections in the glass tabletop below the vases. I am happy with the delicate feel of the flowers and glass and am not sure what I'm going to do with the background. If I'm not careful, it could overpower or detract from the subjects so I have to give it some thought as I continue.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

This is coming along beautifully! I love the softness of it.