Friday, April 9, 2021

Colorful Candy Apple Drawing!

Here is my most recent drawing, I chose to draw colorful candy apples because I love bright colors especially reds! I worked on Strathmore 500 illustration board using Prismacolor and Caran d'Ache Luminance colored pencils. The drawing is 15x15" and I use my own photo reference. I make lots of candy apples and then photograph them for later use. I would prefer to draw from life but they begin to melt and change color and texture rather quickly. So ... we eat them instead! Feel free to ask questions or comment!




Here are just some of the colored pencils I used. Notice the candy apple surfaces don't look smooth. The texture of the paper is showing though the pencil.





In this photo, I used the small bristle brush to burnish color into the paper and create the smooth surface in the apples. I also used the white colored pencil to burnish the light reflected areas by applying white on top of color.


 

No comments: