Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Orchids in Pinks and Purples

I'm continuing work on the orchids that I started a few weeks ago. I'm using my bright pinks and purples and two of my favorite dark pinks have been discontinued by Prismacolor. The are Lightfast Madder Lake and Thio Violet so I am down to my last few pencils of those colors. I am working the warm pinks against the cool greens in the background, complementaries. The greens make the pinks pop forward. The grouping of blossoms to the center right will be my focal point. The first post about this piece is here where I explain about the surface I'm working on. Thus far, I have only worked with Prismacolor and Coloursoft pencils without solvent. I'm not sure if I will use solvent with the pencils on this piece.

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Wow! When I saw this gorgeous, lush image pop up I had to go back and read your first post about it. Enjoyed reading about why you chose certain colors. It's a stunning piece of art!